Archive for April, 2007
Arizona appraisal bill, amended to allow web sites like Zillow.com to operate, passes House, returned to Senate
Arizona State Senate Bill 1291, as amended to assure the legality of consumer-oriented Automated Valuation Models such as that used by Zillow.com, passed the Arizona House today by a vote of 52-3, with five members not voting. The bill will be transmitted back to the Arizona Senate for reconsideration there.
The amendments, proposed last Monday by Scottsdale Republican Representative Michele Reagan, include language that will exempt AVMs from appraisal licensing requirements with the stipulation that home valuations are provided at no cost and are not called “appraisals.”
The Arizona Board of Appraisal had issued two cease and desist letters to Zillow.com — but to no other free AVMs — demanding that the Seattle-based internet real estate start-up stop issuing home valuations in Arizona until it obtained an Arizona appraisal license. The Attorney General of Arizona had issued a similar letter to Zillow.com.
If the amended version of SB 1291 passes the Senate and is signed by the governor, free consumer-oriented AVMs will be able to operate without impediments in Arizona.
- Arizona Board of Appraisal to Zillow.com: In your Zestimation, does this posturing make us look stupid?
- Zillow.com at the Dawn of the Age of Abundance: Working for free is not a crime, trying to forbid it is…
- “Zillow’s Arizona valuations questioned since the beginning”
- Idle chatter of idle neighbors to be outlawed in Arizona: Appraiser’s job protection act passes Arizona State Senate
- Protecting whom? There are no complaining parties in Arizona’s quest to outlaw free consumer-oriented home evaluations
- Zillow.com notes: Fear and Ludditism, advertising, a better farming strategy and more
- Arizona Republic: Realtors side with Zillow.com
- KTAR Radio on Arizona’s attempts to stifle Zillow.com
- Zillow.com dodges bullet in Arizona: Amendment would permit consumer-oriented automated valuation models to operate without regulatory oversight
- Arizona appraisal bill, amended to permit AVMs such as Zillow.com to operate in state, fails to pass
- Waxed Fruit Hegemony: Taking over the world one random media appearance at a time
- Waxed Fruit Hegemony: The Director’s Cut
- What this state needs is more public ridicule! Arizona House to reconsider Zillow.com-proofed bill on Monday
- Are you an appraisal scofflaw? Are you sure you know what your client is doing with that Broker Price Opinion?
- State vs. Zillow.com will be a lengthy bout
- East Valley Tribune slams Board of Appraisal over Zillow.com censorship, endorses Reagan amendments to SB 1291
- The Zillow.com persecution: Why it matters to all of us
- Arizona appraisal bill, amended to allow web sites like Zillow.com to operate, passes House, returned to Senate
- “Here’s a better idea: How about abolishing the state Board of Appraisal?”
- Zillow.com exemption: Arizona State Senate gives itself a frank appraisal, elects to seek out other feet in which to shoot itself
- Zillow.com off the hook in Arizona?: “State rethinks crackdown on online home appraisals”
Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /home/splend10/public_html/bloodhoundrealty.com/BloodhoundBlog/wp-content/themes/in3d-10/archive.php on line 60